- Workers - building employee profiles, understanding employee networks, using it for optimal use of resources
- Shoppers - microtargeting shoppers using personal information to customize service, give recommendations and increase sales
- Voters - Understanding voter intent, issues - so that campaign messages can be targeted to focussed groups.
- Bloggers - Understanding public opinion from the information on blogosphere, useful to understand sentiments on products, etc.
- Medicine - Baker focusses on futuristic health monitoring (like floor tiles which capture your walking patterns!), whereaas he totally ignores contemporary challenges and work in analyzing medical records, genomic and proteomic data.
- Match Making
That's about it in the book - it can be a brisk read, which - you can give it a miss if you think you are familiar with the above topics.